Dynamic Skydomes for Any Time and Location
SilverLining produces accurate skies for any given time and location, fast and automatically. Spend your art resources on something else.
- Real atmospheric scattering simulation
- Ephemeris model for accurate sun & moon
- Crepuscular Rays (“God Rays”)
- Accurate stars and planets at night
- Fast performance
- New Hosek-Wilkie sky color algorithm
- Dynamic time of day effects
- Provides tone-mapped natural light sources to light your scene
- Realistic twilight lighting effects
- Accurate moon phases
- High-altitude effects and atmospheric limb from space
Real Volumetric, 3D Clouds – Real Fast.
We use multiple volumetric rendering techniques to give you the most realistic 3D clouds at the best performance. We’ll conjure up any weather you want.
- Cumulus congestus and mediocris clouds
- GPU ray-casted stratocumulus
- Planar cirrus, cirrocumulus, and stratus
- Cumulonimbus thunderheads with lightning
- Procedural simulation of cloud growth – no two clouds are the same!
- Simulate any cloud coverage over an infinite area
- Clouds move and animate with wind
- Looks great from the ground and in flight
- Precipitation effects for rain, sleet, and snow
- Automatic cloud shadow maps
Easy Integration With Your Engine
SilverLining integrates into most engines with just a few lines of code. Like hundreds of other developers worldwide, you’ll be up and running quickly.
- Support for OpenGL 2.0, OpenGL 3.2+, DirectX9, DirectX10, and DirectX11
- Libraries for Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, and Android
- Integration kits for Unity and Havok Vision
- Sample code for OpenSceneGraph (OSG), Ogre, and more
- C++ and C# API’s provided
- Works with any coordinate system, including whole-Earth ECEF / geocentric.
- Fast, responsive technical support