Dynamic Oceans for Any Beaufort Scale
Triton produces real 3D waves with unprecedented realism and speed. This isn’t just another 2D water shader – it’s a 3D ocean simulation.
- GPGPU-Accelerated Wave Simulation using CUDA, OpenCL, and DirectX11 Compute Shaders
- Over 65,000 individual waves at over 500 frames per second
- Fresnel refraction and reflection
- Planar and environmental reflections
- Smooth coastline blending
- Breaking waves along shorelines
- Particle-based spray and foam
- Add swells from distant storms
- JONSWAP, Pierson-Moskowitz, and Phillips wave models.
- Handle Beaufort scales and Douglas Sea States 0-9
- Underwater “god rays” and visibility effects
Ship Wakes, Impacts, and More
Your water has stuff in it – no problem. Ships, helicopters, and projectiles can all disturb Triton’s water with 3D wakes, waves, and spray.
- 3D Kelvin wakes from ship bow and stern
- Propeller backwash / turbulent wake effects
- Particle-based spray at the bow and along the hull
- Helicopter rotor wash effects with 3D wave displacement
- 3D impact simulation from projectiles
- Tidal stream wakes from stationary objects
- Fast height queries for powering buoyancy models
- Volumetric decal effects that move with the water surface
Easy Integration With Your Engine
Triton integrates into most engines with just a few lines of code. Like hundreds of other developers worldwide, you’ll be up and running quickly.
- Support for OpenGL 2.0, OpenGL 3.2+, DirectX9, and DirectX11
- Libraries for Windows, MacOS, and Linux
- Integration kit for Unity Pro
- Sample code for OpenSceneGraph (OSG), Ogre, and more
- C++ and C# API’s provided
- Works with any coordinate system, including whole-Earth ECEF / geocentric.
- Renders infinite oceans or shades your own water mesh
- Fast, responsive technical support